Eden Housing Association is a successful small independent Registered Provider of affordable homes with a rural focus.
We were established in 1997 following the voluntary transfer of housing stock from Eden District Council.
We now operate chiefly across North Cumbria owning and/or managing around 1,982 homes for affordable rent or sale, and act as Managing Agents for Mitre Housing Association, Allonby Almshouses, and Lyvennet Community Trust.
During the lifetime of our Corporate Plan 2017/18, ‘Owning Our Future’, we will work to achieve five key goals:
- Developing more high quality and desirable homes
- Providing accommodation and support to achieve/maintain tenancy sustainability, independence and choice
- Providing support (including health and well-being initiatives) to enable people to remain safely in their own homes for longer
- Working together with others to enhance the local economy and neighbourhood
- Demonstrate Value for Money in achieving our goals within our rural operating environment
Our homes are generally located in areas of strong housing demand and relatively high market values.
Most of our homes caters for general family needs, with around 10% specifically designed for older people.
Tenants and residents are at the heart of everything we do, and a range of opportunities are offered and continually refreshed for local people to get involved with our work.
Eden Housing Association’s commitment to value for money is integral to delivery of our services and operations as a business and is woven through the delivery of all our aims and objectives.