A mutual exchange is where one tenant agrees with another tenant to swap homes. This means that the tenant ‘assigns’ their interest in a tenancy to another person. The tenancy itself continues on the same basis, the tenancy does not end, neither does a new one start. It is the tenant who changes.
Tenants of Eden Housing Association may exchange with:
- Other Eden Housing Association tenants
- Tenants of Local Authorities
- Tenants of other Registered Social Landlords
- Tenants of Charitable Housing Trusts
But not with:
- Tenants of supported housing schemes including sheltered accommodation
- Tenants of private landlords
You need our written permission to exchange and there are certain circumstances where we may withhold that permission. To find out more please ask for further information from our housing team.
To find someone to exchange with, you need to contact other landlords in the area you wish to move to and/or to registered with ‘Swap and Move’, all Eden Housing Association tenants can use Swap and Move free of charge.
Heidi Ware, Customer Services Manager, stated “Partnering with swapandmove.co.uk will ensure that we offer our tenants a highly effective mutual exchange service, where they can swap and move homes anywhere in the UK.”
Using the service is simple, just:
- Visit www.swapandmove.co.uk to register or download the FREE App, available on the App Store and on Google Play
- Enter details of your current home and the home you want
- See your possible swaps!
If you do not have an email account or access to a computer, or if you are having difficulties, you can telephone or call into our offices and speak to a Customer Advisor. We have a customer computer which you are welcome to use.