28th April 2022
New look Cumbria Choice now live!
During consultation with customers and our stakeholders in 2020, we were informed that our customers wanted an easy-to-understand policy and a simple system that would function on a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Changes have now been made, and the new system is live. Below is a summary of what has changed:
What will we be delivering?
- A new and improved Cumbria Choice website
- An easy to navigate customer housing portal
- The ability for customers to reset their own passwords
- A shorter more intuitive application form
- The flexibility to upload evidence to your housing application yourself
- A modern website, showing adverts complete with a map view search option
- Reduction of our current banding system to 3 simple bands A. B. and C.
Band A – Urgent need for housing
Band B – Statutory housing need to move
Band C – All other applications with an evidenced housing need
- Unlimited bids each week for applicants in Band C
- Nine qualification guidelines
- The ability to suspend applications which previously may have been made ineligible. This means if an applicant is suspended due to unacceptable behaviour or housing-related debts, they will be registered to the system allowing them to accrue time on the register, but they will be prevented from bidding. This will allow applicants time to address any issues before bidding can take place.
You can view the new website at www.cumbriachoice.org.uk