I could just do with …
Do you need an extra pair of hands for minor repairs, or small jobs around your home or garden?
It can be difficult and expensive to call out someone you don’t know – our Handy Person Service can help. You’ll get a great job done at a fair price, by a trustworthy contractor.
Who provides the service?
The service is a partnership between Eden Housing Association working with:
- One Call Services Penrith – a local, reliable company, working in Eden
- Eden District Council (EDC) – who subsidise the service with financial support
Are you eligible?
It doesn’t matter if you own or rent your home, you are eligible if you are:
- Over 55
- In receipt of qualifying benefits (PIP, DLA, etc)
- Any age living with disability or long-term ill health or life-limiting illness
- Being discharged from hospital
- Households receiving support from EDC’s Housing Options Team
Referrals will also be considered from:
- Housing staff from local registered providers
- Staff from other statutory or third-sector support providers
If you are not sure you meet the criteria but feel you have legitimate reasons to use the service, then do contact us on 01768 861400.
What does it cost?
The Handy Person Service cost is £18 per hour for labour if you live in the Eden District and materials charged at cost.
There is a minimum charge of £18 and maximum time of three hours per visit – which means you can bundle a number of jobs together if you wish.
What sort of work can be done?
The focus is on small repairs or jobs around the home and garden.
How can I ensure quality?
We are committed to customer satisfaction and providing a quality service. We check all customers are happy with the works done. The service is fully insured.
What jobs can the Handyperson do?
Small repairs like:
- Re-hanging doors and replacing handles, fitting draught excluders, bleeding radiators, fixing tiles, and fitting telephone extension leads
- Replacing and re-fitting light bulbs, lampshades, toilet seats
- Putting up curtain rails, curtains, blinds, mirrors, pictures, shelves, grab rails and towel rails
- Doing small jobs in the garden, putting on garden gates, and a one-off garden tidy
- Cleaning gutters
What cannot be done:
- Any work connected to gas
- Working at height
- Mending electrical appliances
- Roof repairs
What do you do next?
If you would like to book the service or find out more information, contact Eden Housing Association on 01768 861400 or email email@example.com