4th November 2019
If you are considering going away this winter (even for a short period), please consider the following options to protect your home from frost & water damage:
- Leave your heating on low/timed or frost guard facility (if available)
- Turn off your cold water supply at the stop tap
- Consider lagging any exposed external pipes (outside taps)
- Consider turning off water supply to wash houses and external toilets
- Please consider lagging external taps. Please report any vulnerable exposed water pipes or condensate pipes to our repairs team as below.
- If you have a friend or neighbour who could keep an eye on your property and report any problems to Eden Housing Association on 01768 861400, freephone 0800 3581 401 or email [email protected].
Solid Fuel User? Attached is a Safety Guide – following these simple guidelines will ensure safe and efficient operation of your solid fuel appliance https://www.edenha.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Safety-Guide-for-Solid-Fuel-Users.pdf
Damp & Condensation?
Cumbria Action for Sustainability has provided a range of videos to help you if you are suffering from damp and condensation:
Tackling Damp and Condensation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5PMCkHAEzc&list=PL0Lm55VoiFMcXXFXyGKP2K7SEYzvQkc22&index=1
Causes of Condensation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oH1lC5lgh0&list=PL0Lm55VoiFMcXXFXyGKP2K7SEYzvQkc22&index=4
Reducing Condensation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mpZjD0nb18&list=PL0Lm55VoiFMcXXFXyGKP2K7SEYzvQkc22&index=3
Heating your home effectively – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYcB5r5x4xA&list=PL0Lm55VoiFMcXXFXyGKP2K7SEYzvQkc22&index=2